Mag Mile Elite Corral
Apply for the 10k Elite Corral and start at the front of the pack! RAM Racing is committed to enhancing the local, regional and national running scene and presenting some of the best events in the region. As such, we feel it is important to showcase the professional side of the sport and provide our athletes with the necessary resources so that they may continue contributing to the sport. With that in mind, elite corral participants will be competing for prize money on a flat and fast course.
Qualifying Entry & Standards
To be considered for the Elite Corral and to be eligible for the prize purse, you must be a US Citizen and you must have proof of a qualifying finishing time from a previous race. The qualifying standards may be seen below. If you have not met these standards, an equivalent time from a similar event distance may be submitted and approved on a case-by-case basis. All qualifying performances must be as of January 1, 2017 or later. Qualifying performances must be submitted by August 30, 2019 to be considered. If results are not submitted you will be placed in an alternate start corral and will not be eligible for the prize purse.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for the Elite Corral, you may do so by registering for the race and then submitting your proof of results. If you have already registered and would like to be considered for the Elite Corral please email your proof of qualification along with your confirmation number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptable proof of qualification includes:
• A screen shot of your individual race results inserted into the body of your email (the race name and date must appear along with your results)
• An attachment in the form of a finisher’s certificate
• An attached printout from an online race results page (please circle or underline your name and time) and ensure the race name and date appear on the page
• A link to your individual race results. Please ensure your name and results are the ONLY ones appearing on the page
Acceptable Proof of Residency:
The Elite Corral and prize purse is only open to US Citizens. Elite Corral runners will need to provide proof of citizenship at packet pickup and on race day before receiving your bib. Acceptable proof of citizenship includes:
• US Passport
• US Birth Certificate and Photo ID (driver's license, state ID, etc.)
• Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship
Failure to provide adequate proof of citizenship on race day will result in removal from the Elite Corral. You will be reassigned to an alternate start corral and will be ineligible for the prize purse.
The Elite corral will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Assignment to the Elite corral is not guaranteed. All participants may verify their corral assignments on their Your Race page in your RAM Racing account.
|5M or 8K||27:00||32:00|
The Top 3 overall Men and Women in the Elite Corral will receive awards. The awards structure for 2019 is as follows for both the men and the women:
1st Place = $400
2nd Place = $250
3rd Place = $100
*In addition to the overall prize money the top overall male and female finisher that breaks the existing event record will receive an additional $100.
10k Male: 29:59 - Michael Jordan, Colorado Springs, CO -- 2017
10k Female: 34:18 - Alyssa Schneider, Bartlett, IL -- 2018
Athletes must be accepted into and start with the Elite Corral in order to be eligible for the prize purse. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
Rules and Regulations:
- Athletes must not be affiliated with coach or agent who has had an athlete test positive with banned items on the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) prohibited items list.
- Athletes must never have tested positive for any band items listed on the WADA prohibited items list.
- Current NCAA eligible athletes or participants under the age of 18 are not eligible for prize money due to eligibility restraints with the NCAA, High School Associations and AAU, but are eligible to start in the elite corral.
- Overall placing and money will be determined by Gun Time.
- All prize money will be distributed post-event after all W-9's have been collected and scoring has become official. Prize money must be claimed within 30 days of the event.
- Athletes must be accepted into and start with the Elite Corral in order to be eligible for the prize purse. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
All accepted athletes in the elite corral will be granted access to the following amenities on race day for them and their coach in the elite zone:
• Secure tent near the starting line for pre-race preparation and gear check
• Secure changing tents for men and women
• Water, electrolyte drink and light snacks in the elite tent
• Private restroom facilities
• Official escort to the start line